Episode 573 Meeting People Half Way

Anything related to our regular or bonus episodes.
NYJoe
BABUSHKA!

Episode 573 Meeting People Half Way

Postby NYJoe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:03 am

The discussion in this episode is what makes Fear the Boot a great RPG podcast. While most other podcasts focus on selling products. The classic greatness of the FTB podcast is found in episodes with serious discussions of problems that affect all playing groups. FTB hits those topics without fear of hurting product sales, because there is no product to sell. FTB just looks to make the gaming experience richer and healthier.

Discussions by others on the same topic (in this case the hostility between friends over the use of cell phones at the game table) would give the standard politically and corporately correct HR answer that tends to solve nothing, but protect the corporation and maintain sales. FTB actually gets into a real and serious discussion about playing games and maintaining friendships.

By the way, I do not think the problem was solved by the end of the episode. My advice to add is that if the GM is clearly bothered by the situation, the game just won't be able to continue in a "fun for all" manner.

Chad
Host

Re: Episode 573 Meeting People Half Way

Postby Chad » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:37 pm

NYJoe wrote:The discussion in this episode is what makes Fear the Boot a great RPG podcast. While most other podcasts focus on selling products. The classic greatness of the FTB podcast is found in episodes with serious discussions of problems that affect all playing groups. FTB hits those topics without fear of hurting product sales, because there is no product to sell. FTB just looks to make the gaming experience richer and healthier.

Discussions by others on the same topic (in this case the hostility between friends over the use of cell phones at the game table) would give the standard politically and corporately correct HR answer that tends to solve nothing, but protect the corporation and maintain sales. FTB actually gets into a real and serious discussion about playing games and maintaining friendships.

By the way, I do not think the problem was solved by the end of the episode. My advice to add is that if the GM is clearly bothered by the situation, the game just won't be able to continue in a "fun for all" manner.

Thanks for the kind words! :thumbup:

Return to “Fear the Boot”