Gary Con March 8-11, 2017

Gaming, comic, geek, or any other convention! Discuss activities, plan events, or find someone to room with. Plug your cons here.
Chris
Host

Re: Gary Con March 8-11, 2017

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:31 pm

Sadly, I will not be there. Luke Gygax put the kibosh on my daughter's documentary pitch, which is understandable
The Adventures of Young & Holt - A Deadlands: Reloaded Actual Play podcast

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:14 am

Chris wrote:Sadly, I will not be there. Luke Gygax put the kibosh on my daughter's documentary pitch, which is understandable

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

*SHAKES FIST* LUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!

We were one math error away from canceling the trip the other day. My wife calculated a few things regarding the new house wrong and we almost needed to cancel pretty much everything until our current house was sold (we may still need to canceling our downtown hotel for Gen Con if the house isn't sold by August).
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Chris
Host

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:00 am

JediSoth wrote:We were one math error away from canceling the trip the other day. My wife calculated a few things regarding the new house wrong and we almost needed to cancel pretty much everything until our current house was sold (we may still need to canceling our downtown hotel for Gen Con if the house isn't sold by August).

Yikes. Got my sympathies on that one. When we tried to sell our house after moving to Iowa, it took 21 months.

#requisitescarystoryabouthomesales
The Adventures of Young & Holt - A Deadlands: Reloaded Actual Play podcast

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:37 am

Chris wrote:Yikes. Got my sympathies on that one. When we tried to sell our house after moving to Iowa, it took 21 months.

#requisitescarystoryabouthomesales

It took over a year with my last house. Everything we've been told about the local market right now, as well as just observing how quickly neighboring homes have sold, gives us some hope. Still, we don't want to dawdle with the... uncertainty in Washington.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

keithcurtis
IT'S OVER 9000!

Postby keithcurtis » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:33 pm

JediSoth wrote:
Chris wrote:Sadly, I will not be there. Luke Gygax put the kibosh on my daughter's documentary pitch, which is understandable

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

We were one math error away from canceling the trip the other day. My wife calculated a few things regarding the new house wrong and we almost needed to cancel pretty much everything until our current house was sold (we may still need to canceling our downtown hotel for Gen Con if the house isn't sold by August).

Sympathies. We paid multiple mortgages for many, many months when we moved up here.

Not to capitalize on your potential turn of events, but let me know if you do need to cancel you hotel. If such a thing could be transferred, we are currently booked 7 miles from convention center...

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:30 am

keithcurtis wrote:
JediSoth wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Sympathies. We paid multiple mortgages for many, many months when we moved up here.

Not to capitalize on your potential turn of events, but let me know if you do need to cancel you hotel. If such a thing could be transferred, we are currently booked 7 miles from convention center...

Officially, hotel rooms cannot be transferred. Not anymore. I think it's a new policy this year to combat the group of people who always stay together, but clog up housing registration by each trying to book a room to get the closest one, then transferring the unused rooms to other attendees who weren't lucky enough to get a downtown room during the housing rush.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

keithcurtis
IT'S OVER 9000!

Postby keithcurtis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Convention is great so far. Hans, we are at inkwell Ideas, booth 142, if you want to say hi.

Return to “Other Conventions”