GameHole Con 2017 in Madison, WI

Gaming, comic, geek, or any other convention! Discuss activities, plan events, or find someone to room with. Plug your cons here.
Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

GameHole Con 2017 in Madison, WI

Postby Young_0ne2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Gamehole Con is a small convention held in the Alliant Energy Center in Madison Wisconsin. It's on its 5th year and honestly it feels like a close community of people enjoying gaming.

Wondering if any other FTB fans are going this year and what your interested in at the convention.

(or what ones got to do to get some FTB individuals to come to the convention ;) )

Lets talk!

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Re: GameHole Con 2017 in Madison, WI

Postby Young_0ne2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:07 pm

https://www.gameholecon.com/

I guess the website might have been good to include. The convention is the first weekend in November.

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm running two games: The Wailing Sore (D&D 5E) and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: 1980s Edition (Fate Accelerated), and will be on a panel, Rolling and Writing: Inspired Gamers Who Became Writers.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Judging by that information you must be the Mr. Hmmmmm.... I dont feel that saying your real name is appropriate. Though as it might surprise you I actually saw that event today and was considering going to it. It sounds like it will be interesting!

AND if im correct on your Identity, we've actually met before! :mrgreen:

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:08 am

Young_0ne2 wrote:Judging by that information you must be the Mr. Hmmmmm.... I dont feel that saying your real name is appropriate. Though as it might surprise you I actually saw that event today and was considering going to it. It sounds like it will be interesting!

AND if im correct on your Identity, we've actually met before! :mrgreen:

I don't really keep my identity that secret on the 'net these days. I think my signature has all the information anyone would need to piece together my name. :p

To which event are you referring? The Rolling and Writing one? Right now it's just me and Ted on the panel, but Alex (Mr. GameHole himself) is trying to get a few other author to be on it, at least one of which sells more books than me. :D)

I may add another RPG; it depends on how I'm feeling. I'm supposed to be scoping out GameHole Con to be a 1/2 work 1/2 play convention (as opposed to Gary Con which is ALL play and Gen Con which is ALL work).
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:10 am

You are correct, your signature is how I identified you. Buy you yourself have not named you so i wont either :P

And yes the Rolling & Writing event was the one i was referring to. It would be interesting to see someone else's point of view and approach to the idea of taking ones RPG experiences and turning them into a published story.

That and I like trying new things.

Also half work Half Fun could work out well for you. Gamehole con is a nice close-nit convention that i think it would be easy for you to pull it off with out a hitch.

Chris
Host

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:34 pm

I have tried for the past 4 years to go to this con. It's a tough time, career-wise.

I shall, once again this year, attempt to go.
The Adventures of Young & Holt - A Deadlands: Reloaded Actual Play podcast

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Yeah i would imagine for you Chris that it's a hell of a challenge.

UselessTriviaMan
Dan's Road Rubber
Location: Middle Earth or the Midwest. Which one has hobbits? Yeah, that one.

Postby UselessTriviaMan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm going for the first time ever this year. I'll be there Friday and Saturday, and I'll be running the Grindhouse Arena for the first time at a big(ger) convention.
Never Split the Party.

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:07 am

Sadly, I've had to cancel the two games I was going to run. With the new house build, we're reducing our Gamehole Con time from all four days to just Friday night - Saturday (I'm leaving in the afternoon after my panel). Reducing the entire con to one overnight will save a lot of money in hotel costs.

Perhaps in 2018, I'll be able to run a full slate.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Return to “Other Conventions”