Episode 441 – too little killing
by Dan Repperger
* (0:29) Why Brodeur is scared of Aisha.
* (10:17) Chad’s anger.
* (13:00) Games with too much RP and not enough combat.
* (15:52) Combat that makes sense within the context of the game.
* (20:37) Reasons combat can be important to the catharsis of an RPG.
* (26:18) The tyranny of choice by which players opt out of combat they ostensibly want. The tyranny of moral complexity by which Game Masters strip combat of its catharsis.
* (33:48) Zombie stories as an example of moral simplicity.
* (38:38) Ma Carver as a counter-example.
* (45:56) Why Brodeur’s players opt not to fight. The limiting factor of time. The three round limit.
Hosts: Brodeur, Chad, Dan, Wayne