Episode 429 – stealing systems for stories
by Dan Repperger
* (0:35) False alarm on Dan’s interview on Talking Tabletop, but it’s out now (part 1 and part 2).
* (2:06) Chad’s unexpected take on Alien: Covenant. The increasing social ubiquity of science fiction. The Fault in Our Mars. Laurell K. Hamilton plugs Fear the Con X.
* (17:19) A Thai-rade and the importance of ordering spiciness correctly. White people mild.
* (25:29) Adapting existing roleplaying games to things they were never meant to accommodate. Blades in the Dark to Rogue One or Star Wars Rebels. Dresden Files RPG to a far-future homebrew.
* (32:34) Not getting lost in the weeds. Recognizing the broad-strokes that fit your needs.
* (39:24) Recognizing what a game wasn’t meant to illustrate.
Hosts: Chad, Dan
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
January 13th, 2017 in
, Regular Episodes