Episode 334 – pacing a campaign start
by Dan Repperger
* (0:27) Johann isn’t dead.
* (0:57) Chad’s chosen way of collecting signatures on his copy of Sojourn.
* (2:33) The launch of Fear the Boot’s Twitch TV channel. We’ll post the game schedule after Dan comes back from vacation.
* (10:23) Pacing at the very beginning of a campaign. The two extreme solutions: starting in media res or starting in a lull between events.
* (14:54) The good and bad campaign openers we’ve seen. You can see the picture of Gnarl’s first scene, as wonderfully drawn by Amanda Morgan, at this link.
* (19:44) Making the two extremes work. The list of 100 first lines from novels can be found here.
* (30:31) Some middle ways of starting the campaign.
Hosts: Chad, Dan, Wayne