Episode 333 – character secrets
by Dan Repperger
* (0:29) Grab a copy of Fear the Boot’s anthology, Sojourn!
* (4:23) Player secrets. As we’re introducing the topic, Wayne throws out the idea of different angles — regarding the same secret — being divided among the players.
* (7:19) John’s Wasabi Theory of player secrets. The problems that player-character secrets can cause within a group, if misused.
* (11:06) Using secrets to draw in other characters instead of excluding them.
* (12:42) Why Dan blames the GM.
* (18:27) Putting some pressure on the other players.
* (22:36) When character secrets work well, even as the core of a game.
* (31:44) Whether the players all knowing the secret helps when their respective characters don’t know.
Hosts: Chad, Chris, Dan, John, Wayne