Interview 33 – KC Wayland
by Dan Repperger
* (0:27) Introducing KC Wayland, the writer and director of We’re Alive.
* (1:20) How the production got started and where KC found his inspiration.
* (4:23) Where the series got its initial funding.
* (5:25) Hitting the time mark for each episode. The importance of a release schedule that balances consistency with breaks for the production crew to catch up.
* (11:10) Why KC has opted to avoid crowdfunding the show.
* (14:57) Standing apart in a market saturated with zombies.
* (19:34) Finding and managing enough people to form the full cast of voice actors. KC’s experience with RPGs and the most brilliant DM on the face of the Earth.
* (25:15) The amount of the story that was planned from the very beginning.
* (26:25) Deconstructing the appeal of a zombie story and the impact those themes had on We’re Alive.
* (35:15) You can find KC’s audio drama at zombiepodcast.com.
Hosts: Chad, Chris, Dan, Pat, Wayne
Guests: KC Wayland