Interview 32 – Mike Brodeur, part 2
by Dan Repperger
* (0:20) The biggest myth Mike would like to dispel about his job.
* (5:07) The role and importance (or lack thereof) in available play space.
* (12:58) Whether it’s necessary to hire people that are already into the hobby.
* (25:36) Why do so many stores fail? The Specialty Retailer’s Handbook by Dave Wallace.
* (32:50) In an age of increasing decentralization in the RPG industry, the rise of the small press, etc, how does a game store decide what to stock?
* (40:59) The biggest challenges in the near future for retail shops. The important relationship between stores and game creators.
Hosts: Chad, Dan, Julia
Guests: Mike Brodeur