Episode 291 – zero to published, part 1
by Dan Repperger
* (0:27) Introducing our guests and setting up the discussion. You can find the relevant links at the bottom of this post.
* (11:18) What motivated each author to get started.
* (17:18) Tips for seeing a project through to completion. Collaboration, accountability to an audience, and the danger of relying on a “future self”. The importance of small, realistic milestones.
* (28:45) The closest they came to failure and what kept it from happening.
* (41:14) Setting a reasonable view of success.
* (49:08) Editing non-fiction. The relationship between legends, history, and the cultural context of both.
Hosts: Chuck, Dan, Joel, John, Tristan
The discussion continues in part 2! In the meantime, you can find the work of these fine folks at the following links.