Episode 267 – large gaming groups
by Dan Repperger
FAIR WARNING: The first part of this episode is a bit crass. If you’re offended by that sort of thing, just skip forward to the 18 minute mark and begin listening there.
* (0:30) Welcoming guest hosts, Chris Mais and Julia. Julia’s struggles as a gaming girl. Chris Mais proves he can out…whatever…Chris Hussey. A discussion about cosplay, including the costumes Julia has done and the one Dan wants to do.
* (17:53) Gaming with a very large group of players. The largest group we’ve each been in and how they were formed.
* (22:28) The problems large groups can create for the Game Master, including a large audience to entertain, numerous interactions to work out, and the amount of data to track.
* (28:01) The problems players have to contend with. Too many leaders, cliques, character overlap, and simple boredom. The diminishing role of NPCs.
* (43:40) Possible solutions to make an unwieldy gaming group work.
Hosts: Chris M., Dan, John, Julia, Pat