Episode 264 – adapting an IP
by Dan Repperger
* (0:28) Fear the Con V‘s tourism events will begin the evening of Sunday, April 29th. If you’d like to join the communication hub, please send your name, cell phone number, and arrival time (if applicable) to TOFtBCH@feartheboot.com.
* (2:49) An update from John on the status of Bloodmoon Goblins.
* (3:43) The more obscure movies we’re interested in seeing during 2012. We mentioned several things during the episode which you can find here: Dark Shadows, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Snow White and the Huntsman, and finally Vanilla and Shovel Face. The other movie Chad mentioned was Django Unchained, which only has fan-made trailers at this point.
* (18:48) Movie ratings. Why so many movies end up PG-13 and our wish it wasn’t so.
* (27:33) A call to get your gas on at Chris’ expense!
* (34:05) Adapting an existing intellectual property (video game, TV show, movie, novel, etc) into a roleplaying game. Discerning what the game would be about, without trying to act out the story the IP already told. When the players don’t know the IP. Building or adapting a rules system. The episode of Dr. Who Dan refers to is Snakedance.
Hosts: Chad, Dan, John, Pat