Interview Episode 20 – Erik Mona
by Dan Repperger
You can find a transcript of this show here!
* (0:24) Introducing guest host, Willie.
* (0:49) Introducing Erik Mona.
* (1:34) The size, state, and explosive growth of the Pathfinder game and Pathfinder Society.
* (3:23) Erik’s more thorough introduction, including his resume in the gaming industry.
* (6:35) We ask Erik to explain exactly what the job title of “publisher” means and what specific roles he fills at Paizo.
* (9:10) How past experience with the RPGA and Living campaigns affected the formulation of the Pathfinder Society.
* (22:14) An after-school D&D club in 1983, how Erik’s parents fought to get him in, and how it affected the trajectory of his life.
* (30:44) Erik’s take on Pathfinder being called “D&D 3.75″. We also talk about the possibility of a sequel edition.
* (36:09) The upcoming Pathfinder Beginner Box. You can find details and see the unboxing video on their site. We also talk about the market viability of box set products in general.
* (50:13) The history, purpose, and future intentions for the Paizo online store.
* (56:58) Future projects coming up at Paizo, including the Pathfinder Battles miniatures.
Hosts: Chad, Dan, Johann, Wayne, Willie
Guests: Erik Mona