Episode 247 – not overwhelming a new gamer
by Dan Repperger
You can find a transcript of this show here!
* (0:30) Welcoming Adam from Kicked in the Dicebags.
* (2:03) Show transcripts are still being made for our episodes. Links will be given a few days after each episode releases.
* (2:21) The site for Fear the Con 5 is live! Get signed up and join us in St. Louis in May of 2012!
* (5:28) Custom fangs have become too cheap for Wayne’s taste.
* (7:09) The loss of a dropship in our Battletech game serves as the catalyst for a discussion on defeat in a roleplaying game. We talk about its capacity for adding drama, realism, and emotion to the game, while conversely being able to discourage or drain the players.
* (20:00) Wayne commenting on some old gaming notes leads into Dan describing the collection of documents he typically uses when running a game. With our usual disclaimer for potentially offensive content, here is a link to the pimp’s prayer.
* (26:20) Getting a brand new player up to speed on the hobby of roleplaying, their first setting, and a system — without overwhelming them in the process.
* (52:16) The video game giveaway will be ending on October 23rd with the winners drawn on October 24th, so this is your last chance to get entered.
Hosts: Adam, Chad, Dan, John, Pat, Wayne