Re: How important is GM prize support to you?
* 1) How important is GM Prize Support to you?
It's a nice benefit but it wouldn't change the number of games I run or whether or not I attended the con. It's sort of like getting a free toaster with a bank account - I was already gonna open the account, but I ain't gonna say no to a free toaster.
* 2) Would you care if a prize had been used?
Nope, as some of my favorite things are used (just kidding, honey!).
* 3) Does prize support have any impact on whether you run a game or not?
Nope, not at all. However, depending upon how the prizes were handed out it might affect when
I ran a game.
* 4) When should prize support be given out?
The way you handled it this year was fine, but so was handing it out after every slot last year. On the whole I think the way it was handled this year was probably better.
* 5) How should prize support be given out?
No idea here, other than to say that this year worked pretty well in my opinion.
* 6) Would changing it to attendance prizes be better? (from a selfish standpoint this is something that could be added to the advertisemens)
On one hand I kind of like the idea that I got something for running a game, it made me feel just a bit more valued. I also don't think that you really need any more incentives for most of us to attend.
* 7) Any other thoughts or comments on the subject?
Well, I do have one idea. Why not have six raffles (one for each slot) that contain 3-4 lots of prizes. If you run a game in that slot you get entered in the raffle. I suppose you could also sell off raffle tickets as well. Then pull names right after each slot. Sure you might not get something but the anticipation would be neat. It's how they handled things in the RPGA and I always enjoyed that part.