postcards from the dungeon contest information
For anyone not aware, we're launching our first cross-show contest. Here's all of the info...
1. Entrants must send a standard postcard, just like the ones you get from a gift shop (roughly 4"x6"). We won't be anal, but anything of a wildly different size will be rejected. The postcards created by PftD
are available but optional
. If you find a postcard whose picture adds something to your entry, then feel free to use it instead.
2. Only one postcard per entrant.
3. International entries are welcome.
4. The postcard must be written in-character, as if you are in a dungeon. A "dungeon" is defined as any game environ where characters might be stuck doing a loot and clear, so this could be a cavern, temple, tower, castle, space station, zombie-infested building, etc.
5. Entries should be 100 words or less. We're not really counting, just no novels, please! Your character only has a small amount of space to say his/her piece, so creativity is encouraged. What exactly he/she has to say -- and why -- is completely up to you!
6. Postcards should be mailed to...
Postcards from the Dungeon
PO Box 35285
Brighton, MA 02135
7. All entries must be received by November 10th.
8. All postcards received will be randomly divided into equal bundles and redistributed to the affiliate shows...
* Fear the Boot
* Kicked in the Dicebags, Master Cast
* Kicked in the Dicebags, Player's Edition
* Postcards from the Dungeon
* THE ESTABLiSHED FACTS
9. Entries will be judged based on the purely subjective tastes of each show. This could include creativity, humor, artistic value, dramatic flair, etc.
10. During November, each show will pick their favorite from the stack they were given and announce it on an episode. Winners will NOT be posted anywhere, so be sure to listen to all of the shows to see if you won! Winners must contact the show by the end of November to claim their prize and secure their place in the final round. Winners that forfeit by failure to claim will not be replaced.
11. On December 1st, scans of the five winning postcards (with addresses blurred out) will be posted online for public voting. Voting ends on December 31st.
12. All of the finalists will win an RPG, board game, or other gaming product of their choice. Prizes should be of "average" price for a game and readily available. The winner of the popular vote will receive an additional three picks (for a total of four) PLUS a copy of Ultimate Toolbox and World's Largest Dungeon.